Wednesday, January 07, 2009
What I'm reading...
Finally paid off the library fines...I'm really not good at the returning books thing.
I had lunch at the library today to pick up a few books and pay those fines so I could put another book on hold.
Here are the exciting books I'm reading:
1. The Poisonwood Bible, Barbara Kingslover
I realize that everyone read this in their book clubs years ago but I had a list that had many other books on it and this one never floated to the top. I was looking for something today and it caught my eye. I'm happy to report the first few chapters have caught my interest.
2. Thin is the New Happy, Valerie Frankel
This was sitting on the new arrivals shelf next to the Punk book. I picked it up and it seemed interesting. I don't expect anything of it. Just a read.
On Hold:
1. Toast, The Story of a Boy's Hunger, Nigel Slater
I loved this author's second book The Kitchen Diaries. I'm into reading about other people's food lives (The Tenth Muse, Climbing Mango Trees etc) that chronicle how food was not just part of their everyday lives but really made experiences for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment