Thursday, January 15, 2009
Coming Soon...
Some posts about sound and image memories. I've had a long commute for the past few days and that gives me time to think. So I picked through my brain while driving and found some things that bring me smiles, happiness, sadness and in general thoughts.
I'm always amazed how certain sounds can bring back such strong memories that set my senses off in an unexpected direction. Some sounds bring warmth to my skin, a smile to my face, a RUSH of soothing or excitement and in some cases I can smell what should accompany the sound if it were the memory I'm experiencing.
Some images do the same things.
My earliest sound image that totally sends me for a loop is "The Sounds of September" which invokes instantly, fall leaves, cooler temperatures, October setting sun in Delaware, the backseat of my mom's AMC Rambler. It also brings up the need to snuggle in to my bed a bit deeper, eat a cracker with cheddar cheese and in general slow down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment