Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Just some thoughts for this Wednesday
1. Before the announcement of Clinton as winner of the primary in PA several news sources were mentioning that 160K republicans registered as democrats in order to vote in the primary. I'm curious about that. I don't think these were people jumping ship in order to vote for either Obama or Clinton but jumping ship to affect the outcome of the primary. Keeping the dems chasing their tails so that McCain has an even easier time winning people over.
2. We went cold turkey on the bottle at school today. I hope Wylie behaves, doesn't bite anyone and has a good day.
3. I try not to be bitter about the loss of my alma mater. In a previous post I noted that the first big piece of PR they get as Randolph College is that the student visited a WHOREHOUSE, BROTHEL, LEGAL PLACE to destroy women. That made the school the butt of many jokes and it probably turned even more of the alumni of RMWC away from supporting the change.
Last night in the mail I got the following item from Randolph College. It was address to Mrs. Eli K Poist on the outside, the letter inside was address to Margaret Hellers '88, the body of the letter spoke about being a graduate in the 80s (which I was not), it mentions specifically RMWC and the support and great opportunities afforded the writer by RMWC and how when asked to "pony" up the cash to support the school she did. The pledge card is addressed to Eli Poist asking for my support for RANDOLPH COLLEGE. Considering the recent events of the school, the way this letter was an utter screw up and evidence things are slipping at the school, I'm going to send back the letter to the school explaining that I chose not to support the school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment