Thursday, November 08, 2007
I didn't win...
I didn't win the chili cookoff. I didn't even come in second.
I did however have people ask me for the recipe for the cranberry-serrano sorbet I made!
It's easy and yummy. The sweet hits your palette first followed by a hit of yummy hot spicy heat followed by a sweet with a hint of mint. YUMMY.
Here's the recipe
2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
1/3 cup sugar
1-2 serrano's sliced (for less heat remove seeds)
5 sprigs of mint
juice of a lime
Boil first four ingredients together.
Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
Strain through fine mesh strainer.
Pour into a shallow glass baking dish (I used a pie dish)
Squeeze lime juice in an stir.
Freeze for 45 minutes then stir.
Leave in freezer stirring after an additional 45 minutes.
Then let freeze overnight.
Use a fork to "shave" the sorbet off when serving!
VERY YUMMY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment