Sunday, November 04, 2007

Halloween!

Picking out a pumpkin at Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch Beverly Hills, California
Riding his pumpking home from Mr. Bones!
Introducing Wylie the Frog!
My thoughts on Halloween. I wasn't going to get a costume for Wylie, it seemed like a huge waste of money for one night when he wouldn't understand the concept of trick or treating. Two days before Halloween I found this frog on a listserve for a mere $5. It was new and ready to go. Wylie loved it. It turned out to be a chilly night in Los Angeles so the warmth of it was perfect. As for the rest of the Halloween holiday, I learned that the pumpkin patch everyone recommended was just plain expensive and for famous people. Not the likes of my walking, happy baby. Wylie and I picked out two pumpkins while there. We couldn't get someone to help us carry our pumpkins to the car, it felt like because we weren't famous. I'm sure that wasn't true but it felt like it. Finally, on Halloween night with two massive bags of candy I thought we would have leftovers. WE RAN OUT! Love that our neighborhood has so many kids!!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next year for the pumpkin patch try the flower shop on the NW corner of Riverside Dr. & Cahuenga Blvd. off the 134 in N. Hollywood -- they'll help you to the car, there's offstreet parking behind the shop, there's plenty of pumpkins, and there's even a few farm animals in a pen to pet! I recommend going during the an early evening during the week, weekends are too crowded.