Are you sick of Running 101 yet?
I'm not. I'm very happy and excited about it. I've signed up for the next session. :)
I missed last Thursday due to car issues and work. I was bummed because it was at Robinson again and involved serious running drills.I then had a crazy busy weekend but got pool time in with Wylie so wasn't a complete slug.
Last night was a fantastic run. It was great running weather around 55F but I was cold. I had a long sleeve thick running shirt and my running skirt on but it was still cold.
We started the session with a running warm up around the shopping center doing two laps at moderate pace which got us moving and warm. We followed up with our regular warm up of jumping jacks, leg swings, squats, sweeps, lunges etc.
We then walked up to Rt.123 to start our run. It was a 3-2-1 tempo which everyone did but at different paces and with different rules repeated 3 times for a total of a 19.5 minute run. So mine was
3 minute strong jog
2 minute 100% run
1 minute surge
30 sec recovery
I started it with Linda who is a nice steady runner and we did a great pace for the strong jog. I was pushing her a bit and we were running at a 11:30 pace for the jog and moved up to a nice striding run at 11 for the 2 minute and then I pushed it hard for the 1 minute surge. We did this turning around at the 1 mile mark and then continued heading back. I didn't realize how hard I was pushing her until we turned around and we hadn't finished our second 3-2-1. We turned around during the 2 minutes which means we were turning around at the 11 minute mark or at the 11 minute mile! Our 30 second recovery turned into a 1 minute recovery on that one. What was interesting is that I was able to keep up the pace and then really surge for the last 3-2-1.
We finished with a nice jog back to the store and a cool down. It was weird because everyone was chatty and happy.
GREAT RUN!
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So fun!! I don't think I could ever get tired of your running posts and I love that you're enjoying it so much.
Post a Comment