Monday, April 02, 2012

The Last Week in March

Wylie's class tracked March to see how many lamb and how many lion days there were in the month. For the most part the lambs out numbered the lions. The last week of March though was a lion in the Colosseum kind of week.
This week has been crazy!
Sunday
We started on Sunday celebrating Carliegh's Birthday and then Nanny P's birthday. Wylie was more than happy to be with his favorite girls on their special days! If it weren't for my iPad and crazy habit of keeping things actually mailed with stamps we would have missed Carliegh's party all together. We had so much fun at Jimmy's Jump House where Wylie had to be with his precious girl the entire time and then sit next to her for pizza and cake. He also had to give her birthday kisses before leaving!
Once again as a great gift Wylie wanted to give himself to a family member. He gave Nanny P euros for her trip instead.
Monday
The pollen count around here has been higher than in years past and even people who normally do not react to pollen have been suffering. Needless to say Wylie's nose and eyes have alternated between the faucet stage and the dried up crusty and can't breathe stage. We have been alternating between Allegra during the day and Benedryl at night with saline spray irrigation before bed. This helps but Sunday and Monday nights were the worst with Wylie not able to sleep and losing his voice. We ended up giving him a cold and mucus homeopathic  treatment in the middle of the night both nights to help him sleep. He ended up at school on Monday morning an hour late!

I was also working on a project for work that involved interviews with university presidents and provosts around the world (China, Switzerland, Australia, Spain, UK, France, etc) that were intense 1 to 1.5 hour interviews that were full attention and full detail with my head just spinning due to cultural references and etiquette for the entire week. This was just day one! I drove into the office for the first of these interviews that started at 7:30am. So I left the house at 5:45am
Australia and China today

Tuesday
We were once again awoken in the middle of the night to Wylie's lovely barking cough. This time the cough and mucus meds seemed to help a bit more. I had to leave for work again at 5:45 for early interviews and my voice and noise are starting to get pollenated. Wyatt and I decide that Wylie will be going to the pediatrician to get some type of check for the cough and allergy on Wednesday as what we are doing isn't working.
My colleague Elaine was in town for meetings and the best I could do to catch up with her was have a drink from 5:15 to 5:45 before running back to the office for another interview. The wine helped with that one!
Australia, Switzerland and US today


Wednesday
Today after giving Wylie the cough and mucus relief he slept a bit better at night but really sounds like the Marlboro Man and the Allegra just has him hyped up initially. He does NOT want to go to the doctor. He also DOES not want to get a shot. I've tried to explain multiple times that he's just getting his lungs listened to  in order to make sure he doesn't have an infection.
I have an interview with Spain from 9-10. Must pick Wylie up at school by 10:15 in order to get to pediatrician by 10:30 and then back to school by 11:45 in order to get to Physical Therapy by noon. Running like a crazy lady and haven't showered.
Wylie has serious seasonal allergies and his spots are acting up as a result. We are now on a regime of Flonase at night after a bath, hosing the nose, blowing the nose, a Peep, and some cough and mucus relief. Then in the am he gets allegra. Once we run out of allegra we try Zyrtec.

I get the freedom ticket from Physical Therapy on Wednesday as well but then get the you really should stick around statement too. Hummmm.

Catch up with my friend Frog for the first time in ages after dinner. It is a crazy and hectic afternoon for all of us and it is 8:45 before I get to her house. We end up talking until midnight. I'm so glad we had the chance to talk. I missed her very much. It made getting up at 5:30am very very difficult.


Thursday
AMAZING LAMB DAY to start! I'm off and running to the office early and exhausted. Wylie actually sleeps through the night after his first night on the Flonase. I have back to back interviews all day with Mexico, Spain, Switzerland, and US today.

Leave work at 1:45 with hope to make it to house by 3pm for next interview with Chicago. Manage to get it done only to have it be the most dull and boring interview known to man. Wishy-washy and dull.

Wylie calls Nanny P and asks if he can play with her.
She picks him up for dinner and video games.
Running 101 class at 6:30. I need it. Desperately. I also fear it.
We do interval training. 3 minutes HARD on grass, 3 minutes off, 2 minutes hard, 2 minutes off, 1 minute, 1 minute, 30 seconds, 30 seconds. then serious core. I really was dreading class but I needed it and it felt great. What I really was amazed by was the ability to do the core work. Truly. I can do planks for 30 to 40 seconds without grunting. Can't do the back ones but I will get there.
I pick Wylie up after running.
He seems "slow"
We get home and do the bath, hose the nose, flonase, peep, teeth, reading, bed thing and I realize he's fatigued due to his allergies. Poor kid.
He sleeps like a rock through the night.

Friday
I work remotely due to Wylie having a 1/2 day and my having interviews and work and other things going on.
Wylie wakes up, spits a ton of slime out of his mouth, then breathes in a full breath through his nose for the first time in days.
Blue circles under his eyes slowly going away!
I was totally looking for this weekend to come because I needed to sleep in and have a weekend.

Saturday
Wylie had his last fencing class for the session and moves into the advanced preliminary class starting 4/14. We celebrated by giving him a light saber.
Wylie had a birthday party to attend at a pool. We showed up 1/2 hour early and had to leave early as Wyatt and I had tickets to the Mike O'Meara show starting when the party ended. So we rushed home from the party for me to throw some hair goop in my hair, change into dress clothes and head out to the state theater.
Ran into someone I haven't seen in 10 years! It was weird. Heard some incredibly great gossip. Laughed harder than I have in a long time.
Wylie woke up at 6am on Sunday.

it's been crazy!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds like you're due for a good glass (s) of wine! Hope Wylie's allergies are better and that you guys have a wonderful Easter.