Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Purim gift...

Wylie's preschool has a festival to celebrate Purim. Imagine a 1970s or 1980s school fun fair and that would be about right. We went to the festival last year before Wylie started at the school. It was so much fun. Kids wearing costumes, games for kids of all ages, a bake sale, a cake walk (old school style!), face painting and the like. Wylie's favorite game was the lolly pop tree, which happens to have been my favorite as a child too. I think it is because for 25cents you get a chance to win something fun if the bottom of your lolly stick is colored and if you don't win you still get a lolly! Every family is asked to donate a gift or toy to put into a basket for a silent auction at the festival. The money raised goes to the preschool and to the temple. I thought buying a toy was goofy just didn't want to do it this time. So I asked and was approved to make a superhero cape and crown. I've already donated a few to the school and the kids love them. I have to thank my friend Gwen for the cape idea. The crown idea I pulled off another crafty mom website. Color and star were Wylie's creative input.
Superhero Crown
Superhero Cape and Crown

No comments: