Thursday, April 16, 2009
My dinner date
Wylie and I had a dinner date last night. We went to our favorite spot Monsieur Marcel's in the Farmer's Market, had our favorite meals and then skipped off after paying to watch the fountains at the Grove.
He was a perfect gentleman. We purchased stickers first to make sure we weren't without activity while waiting for dinner. He sat across from me and played with his stickers and told me all about the letters, birds and people he saw while at dinner. He ate his pasta with peas.
The fountains are a huge appeal to him. In fact water in general holds Wylie's interest for an amazing amount of time. We threw in about five pennies before walking to see if the view was different from the other side of the pond. Amazingly it was. We watched for awhile and then decided it was time to head home but not before picking up a snack for Papa at school.
Wylie "suprised" Papa and his classmates with cookies, turnovers, elephant ears, and a chocolate pretzel thing. I think he also gave Papa's classmates a mini study break that made most smile.
I really love my dinner dates with Wylie. Hopefully as he grows older I will be able to remember how great he is and he'll still want to go out for dinner with his Mama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment