Monday, November 17, 2008

Stupid Santa Ana Winds

Today is Sunday, that usually means pancakes and farmer's market. We are predictable but it's fun and Wylie loves it. Today was supposed to be different. Today I was going to run the Pasadena Half Marathon. I got up at 4:45am to get ready. Beverly was supposed to pick me up at 5:20am to drive up to Pasadena The race was supposed to start at 6:30am. I was pumped up and excited. It's my first distance race in California with a great group of folks. Did the packet pickup yesterday with Wylie in tow. Had lunch with Wyatt and some friends across from the start line to pump up the excitement. Thank god I checked my email at 5:10 this morning. The race was canceled. All due to the Santa Ana winds and fires that are raging in the valley area. The air quality sucked all day. Wylie and I ventured to the farmer's market in Larchmont. Got some beautiful purple carrots, ripe persimmons, arkansas black apples, pink lady apples, a plum, and golden beets. Tuesday's dinner is going to be yummy!!!

No comments: