Tuesday, September 02, 2008
A bit of frustration
I started the weekend taking Wylie to the pediatrician for an alleged case of Hand Foot and Mouth disease otherwise known as coxsaci virus. This is the third time it's gone around his school. Wylie was accused of having the tell tale spots in his mouth.
I picked him up. Asked where the spots were in his mouth so I could correctly identify them to the pediatrician. NO SPOTS, NO MARKS, DEFINITELY NO HFM. But of course the teacher was adamant they were there and I had to take him to the pediatrician. If he wasn't contagious then I could bring him back today with a note indicating he's not sick or contagious.
So I suck it up take him to the pediatrician perfectly healthy without one bit of illness in him. To be told...he doesn't even have spots. Pediatrician wrote note but had issue with the fact that I was forced to bring him in. Suggested next time I call and just ask for note.
Fast forward to last night. Note WAS in my purse. I lost the note. It's gone nowhere to be found.
Wyatt drives Wylie to school almost 3 hours after he should have been there to be told without a note Wylie can't come to school. Let me remind you HE's NOT SICK, HE DOESN'T HAVE A VIRUS, HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY SPOTS.
So I had to deal with a pissy Wyatt who is now watching his son for the day because the school won't let a perfectly healthy child into the school without a note from his pediatrician saying such.
In the past two outbreaks the recommendation was that all children wear socks with their shoes. Even during the outbreak kids were attending without socks. The minute the outbreak was over kids started showing up without socks again. HUMMMMMM wonder why we keep getting outbreaks?
Also, I take big issue with the fact that Wylie got sent home and can't go to school BUT more than one kid with the greenish yellow snot coming out of their noses and eyes are allowed to stay??????
Watch out USC Child Care the mega beast is on the prowl and I will make sure any kid with even a slight sneeze get sent home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment