Friday, September 12, 2008

Fire Alarms Suck

Wylie has kept up his fabulous track record of sleeping in his bed through the night getting up at 5:30 or 5:45ish to come into our bed. Last night he was doing the same when our fire alarms went off. Or rather I should say.... The entire house was rudely awakened by an alarm system that is currently disconnected, not working, nor in anyway monitored. The fire alarms are hardwired and work. Unfortunately they are hardwired and work. We have removed the batteries only to have the dumb things keep going off. We have tried beating on the things only to have them keep going off. It takes a MINIMAL amount of smoke to set the things off. Our house was not on fire last night, the oven was not left on, nor was anything even remotely too warm that would have set them off. The alarms went off, Wyatt and I beat at them and they stopped. We all went back to bed. Wylie in his own bed, me in mine and Wyatt went upstairs to work considering he was awake. 20 minutes later they went off again. For the next hour Wyatt and I traded off rocking a wide awake Wylie who was in a perfect attitude and just seemed to be enjoying the craziness. Holliday was sticking close to whoever had Wylie and in general was freaked out by the alarms. All of us finally went to sleep at 5am when we got the alarms to stop going off. It took Wylie until 5:30am to start falling asleep. I didn't fall asleep until 5:45 only to wake up an hour later. I wonder what the required ratio of fire alarms to rooms in a house is? We have one in each bedroom and one in the hallway. That puts three within a 100 foot radius of each other and one at the front of the house. REALLY LOUD AND ANNOYING

No comments: