Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Happy New Year! I think
I promise to bring happy news to this blog in one or two posts. However right now I'm having a very difficult time finding "happy" news.
Wylie is still sick.
He's on his second round of antibiotics for the ear infection. These make him WIRED, ANOREXIC, and GASSY. Poor kid! We are currently giving him pro-biotics in the form of acidophlous daily to help him absorb as much nutrition as possible from what little he eats. We also try to get him to drink as much as possible which is difficult when I'm not around, because he thinks the best way to get hydrated is to nurse.
He was back at school for three days prior to getting booted from school for being sick again! NOW on top of an ear infection he has hand, foot and mouth disease. We have no idea how or where he got it. He isn't allowed back to school without a note from the MD stating he's no longer contagious.
For the most part Wylie hasn't noticed he's sick except that he doesn't want to drink anything. It did make for a tiring day for Wyatt who had to watch a wired 1 year old who wouldn't nap from 7:30am to 5:45pm yesterday. It took me about two minutes off breastfeeding to get Wylie to go to sleep for about 1.5 hours. Which went right into his bed time. He woke up and didn't go back to sleep until 10pm which is when I sacked out.
I hope this round of being sick doesn't last much longer. I leave town on Sunday for a week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment