These are things I want to do in the new year. Everything involves change but these are going to require a bit more than normal amount of change...
1. Stop using paper towels. I have many kitchen and tea towels that I will be using in their place and some really cute cloth wipes/washcloths/all purpose flannels that Gwen made for me to use.
2. Conserve water and use it more efficiently. We made a part of this change in 2006 with the purchase of front loader high efficiency green model washer by GE. We use about 30% less water every two months than we did prior to purchase of the washer. We also switced from diaper service to washing dipes at home and our water usage went down? I'm thinking when we do laundry now we try to do larger loads and not everyday but essentially do laundry only on Sundays which actually cuts down on the smaller more water hog loads.
In 2008 we are having a tankless water heater installed. It will be outside the house. It only heats the water when we turn the hot water on.
3. Become more energy efficient. We are looking at adding insulation in the attic, installing a very energy efficient "green" model heating and air conditioning unit, and two ceiling fans in the living room. We hope to lose less heat and keep the house cooler without too much loss.
4. Start to compost. I'm hoping to have a more prosperous garden this summer. If we start composting this
No comments:
Post a Comment