Friday, November 03, 2006
New Tires
In the process of going in and out of the alley the long way the tires on the station wagon and motorcycle have taken a beating. We tried the best we could to avoid any major tire damaging items but along the way both the Volvo and the BMW have suffered. The Volvo had two slow leaks and the BMW ended up with a nail in a tire.
Wyatt found out about the nail when the BMW went through it's servicing about three weeks ago. The Volvo tires kept losing air and every other time I filled the tank I had to put air in the tires. I had to research where to buy tires and of course looked for the best price. In the LA area here is what I found...
Overall luxury brand cars require very expensive tires...
Costco Tire Service
Had a coupon for $60 off the price of Michlin Tires. Unfortunately they had to be ordered, took almost two weeks to come in and at that point the coupon didn't work. When tires were ready to be installed the service was a first come first serve basis which meant on average a 2 hour wait.
Just Tires
Prices fluctuated between on-line and in store. Not all tire brands and models came with a warranty. Don't take direct appointments but you can schedule an approximate time to come in and get the work done. Calling the day before worked wonders. They offer a road hazard warranty in addition to the regular tire warranty.
Goodyear Tire Shop
Doesn't return phone calls, charged a premium on same tire as Just Tires, took appointments but couldn't get someone in for three or more days. They also said it would be a two hour appointment. UGH.
I ended up at Just Tires today. i purchased Goodyear Eagle GTHR with the additional warranty. Woman who set up the time etc for me gave me a discount of almost $15 per tire after I asked about possible discounts available to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment