This is the infamous sign in LA that every tourist looks for when visiting Hollywood. I find it more visible from the freeway about three to five miles south of Hollywood than from anywhere in Hollywood.
I guage the weather by the visibility of the Hollywood sign. If it's visible with the mountains in the background it's a good sign for moderate temperatures with little or no wind and a cooler night. If it's visible but no mountains then it's a good sign it will get quite warm and the sky will never truly get sunny that day.
Sadly there are many days that the sign is SMOG covered and not at all visible.
Give it another six months and I'll figure out if there is ever a forecast that includes rain and how the Hollywood sign will predict the rain.
Monday, September 18, 2006
How to tell the weather in Los Angeles...
This is the infamous sign in LA that every tourist looks for when visiting Hollywood. I find it more visible from the freeway about three to five miles south of Hollywood than from anywhere in Hollywood.
I guage the weather by the visibility of the Hollywood sign. If it's visible with the mountains in the background it's a good sign for moderate temperatures with little or no wind and a cooler night. If it's visible but no mountains then it's a good sign it will get quite warm and the sky will never truly get sunny that day.
Sadly there are many days that the sign is SMOG covered and not at all visible.
Give it another six months and I'll figure out if there is ever a forecast that includes rain and how the Hollywood sign will predict the rain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment