Friday, September 22, 2006

Football and BBQ

Wyatt and I spent September 16 weekend doing what comes naturally to many people living in the south except we were in Southern California. We spent the weekend with Football and BBQ! We have tickets/access to the USC football games that are played at the Los Angeles Colliseum. The Colliseum holds 100K people. USC only opens 8K seats to students and their spouses.The remaining 92K go to Alumni, Fans and the opposing team fans. I seriously doubted that all the seats would be sold...I was wrong. I was even more wrong to think that not everyone would show up. It was truly amazing. The students are major fans standing for the entire game and yelling for the entire game as well. Oh, USC won. Of course...I have to learn to say that after each win, because they are that good. It wasn't until the next morning that I realized how sore my legs were from standing for the entire game and how hoarse I was from all the shouting. On Sunday we hosted his classmates for burgers, hotdogs, sausages and snacks. His classmates brought more food than ever expected. The yummy additions ranged from nachos to tofu shish kabob to really yummy cream puffs. If you are ever in Hollywood Beard Papa's is the place to get the cream puffs. Truly incredible. We were also redeemed in that one of Wyatt's classmates brought beer leftover from her party a few weeks prior. This means Wyatt and I aren't the only ones who have left over beer from our parties! I hate to say it again but California has truly opened it's arms to us and each week it begins to feel more homey (no pun intended) to us.

No comments: