I have been having some pretty vivid dreams lately. I've also been sleeping pretty well lately mostly because it has been perfect sleeping weather meaning cool temps in the evening needing to snuggle and have a warmer blanket.
So my dreams have all involved my mom telling me very important things about my life and her decisions about my life. She was answering the big questions I had as to "WHY" she made the choices she did or "WHY" things turned out the way they did and not always in my favor. Sometimes her answers were not what I wanted to hear "you didn't need me, you didn't deserve it, look at how other people suffer etc" We talked about my sister and how there weren't answers there.
My mom also has now brought two of her best friends in these dreams. AND YES I say she brought them into my dreams.
First my Aunt Eileen who was in her middle age years which was when I was a teenager. My mom was pointing out how they made some sacrifices, had a few hard years and then made the changes that made their life much more interesting. She also kept refering to her in a manner that made me wonder if something was going on with Aunt Eileen and I needed to make sure she was okay. The dream stuck with me. I reached out to my cousin who admitted she hadn't reached out to her mom and it made me reach out as well. Aunt Eileen indicated she was doing well and that at 75 years of age was getting along as well as expected.
Second dream was Aunt Tea who was in her younger years which was when I was a child. My mom again was pointing out how Tea was very independent and lived simply but also pointed out how she kept her dignity. There were also parts where she just showed me glimpses of their lives together. It was as if I was getting let in again to some answers to questions I've had. I'm still not sure why these are coming to me now. The dreams are sticking with me. Oddly, yesterday I received a letter from Tea with photos of my mother and Tea together when they were young. This was AFTER the dream...
Last night I had another dream that involved my mom. I'm just not sure where all of this is coming from.
Monday, October 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment