Friday July 1, 2011
I worked from home after getting home quite late from San Jose, California business trip. Managed to handle a few budget snafus that still are bothering me, found out that a conference I really wanted to attend had the dates changed to piggyback on another conference I'm attending in November in Orlando AND that friends of Wyatt and I will be speaking at it! (Can you say Family Vacation!)
Wyatt and Wylie headed downtown for the Smithsonian Folklife Festival featuring The Peace Corps, Columbia and Rhythm and Blues. They also visited the Natural History Museum. Wylie received a Jr. Peace Corps Member pin and passport along with the desire to visit China.
I got a great haircut by my favorite guy
Saturday July 2, 2011
Wylie and I went to the Burke Farmers Market again.
We spent more than $11 this time but we got the haul again.
Flaming Fury Peaches 3
P1 Perfects Peaches 2
Ugly Heirloom Purple and Red tomato 1
Red Tomato 1
Purple Pepper 1
Orange Yummies Tomatoes 1 quart
Farm raised and grass finished maple sage sausage and anduille sausage
Triple Ginger Cookies
Salted Oaties Cookies
Purple Eggplant 1
Local fresh picked spicy mix lettuce bagged by Wylie
All were fantastic
Wylie and I dropped Holliday off to get all but shaved as she was dropping enough fur to vacuum up a spare dog every other day! We were literally picking up massive amounts of balls of fur every day! So the short haired Labrador version of Holliday is perfect for the summer.
We also made Blueberry Soup which Wylie has been bugging me to make. While it was cooking it smelled very much like a jelly donut. When it was cooled and served with plain yogurt or with vanilla ice cream it was very very yummy! We really liked it.
The Blueberries and oranges and zest bubbling away.
Wylie carefully stirring the blueberries before processing it into soup!
Wyatt and I after dinner decided to go see Super 8 the movie which was a fun homage to the 80s movies where kids save the universe by thwarting the government and military bad guys.Sunday July 3, 2011
Wylie and I had every intent to go swimming with friends but he really needed to go poop and his belly was killing him and needless to say I didn't want to risk a pool problem. He also has been having some allergy issues and it was humid so we held off. It was overall a very good decision!
We walked over to the fireworks stand later in the day to get our sparklers, flaming crackling cactus, and morning glories and then due to heat and humidity stopped at 7-Eleven to get a slurpee. Wylie was complaining of the heat and a bit sluggish but not completely off when we got back. He liked his slurpee. He went back out played with Fred and Frank for awhile and then came in and cooled off while we got dinner ready.
He finally went poop but it was incredibly painful and he went for about 10 minutes. He then went again right before dinner. It was then that he started to seem really really off. I washed his hands and face and we went and sat at the table. He was initially excited about the cheeseburger and watermelon. But upon completion of grace and looking at the watermelon he kind of made this face and then...
It was the scene from the Exorcist including the green color and red chunks. It made it all the way across the dining room table which means THANK GOD everyone had already served themselves and there were no full serving bowls near him. He continued to get sick in the bathroom for another 10 minutes. Oddly he was all but fully recovered 1 hour later. Within 2 hours he was asking for his cheeseburger for dessert! I didn't have the heart to tell him we had to chuck it due to his vomit! Poor buddy. He slept well.
Monday July 4, 2011
We headed over to the Lego store this morning to pick up Lego plates for his pirate sets and to get a carrying case for the lego people. We also picked up his first pair of croc shoes that have pirate pieces on them.
Below are photos of the pirate rocket ship he built with his legos. I'm really impressed.
Blackbeard, Cursed Cap'n Jack, Barbarosa, Skeleton
Frontal View
Another side view with cups for drinking from the space water
Wylie proud designer!
No comments:
Post a Comment