We went to the Burke Farmer's Market on Saturday. We were very very very impressed with the selection. We even were able to try things we've not had before and HOW EXCITING IS THAT!????
So with exactly $11 in cash we spent every penny and came home with the following:
2 green zebra zuchinni
1 yellow with green bottom zuchinni (I have no idea the variety but it is cool looking)
3 Rich May variety peaches (they are ready for harvest mid June through mid-July)
1 large sunflower
1 large bagette made with regionally milled flour! :)
and one other vegetable that I am totally forgetting. :(
We also bought a yummy Kiwi for Wylie to try which he liked once it was very ripe.
He also decided that red and orange peppers are quite yummy when served with green juice.
Favorite veg is still cauliflower!
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome! I need to do a better job at getting more of our produce from farmer's markets. It's on my list of things to change!
Post a Comment