Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Thankful for...
Starla (click on her name for the link) wrote a wonderful post about what she was thankful for in just 5 minutes of thinking. I commented on it and now after a very long holiday break I realized I wanted to post what I was thankful for here.
Here was my five minute list...(with commentary)
Sunshine-Even if 10 degrees out it's wonderful to have sunshine
Health-Life is very tough without it
Children laughing-Have you ever noticed you can't help smiling when a child laughs
Friends listening-So many this year listened and listened and listened.
In-laws who love me unconditionally-Did you know I have the best in laws?
Dog Holliday sleeping-She'll be on her back having puppy dreams and completely at peace.
Saturday adventures-Take a chance at what you will learn with a child. Adventures to free places or scary places. Sometimes the adventure is in your neighborhood and sometimes it's in another county. Do we really have the time to just say another day?
Faith-Simple and honest
Belief in the goodness of people-There is more good than bad.
Freedom-I have the right to make the wrong choice and vote for who I think should lead this country. I have the right to make choices about how I raise my child. I have the ability to educate myself further to change the world around me.
My ability to sew Christmas gifts-A little bit of Eli to share.
My ability to keep learning new things-This is just from Wylie alone that I keep learning.
People who believe in me-I don't know what I would do if I didn't have at least one person this year who believed in my ability and my life.
My unwavering husband-There are days I wonder why he sticks around. There are days I'm so lucky to have someone who believes in himself.
My brilliant Wylie-He is just amazing.
Patience to know that I’m constantly evolving-Realization I'm human, fallible and changing all the time.
So what are you thankful for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Eli, what a dear you are to link to my post! Grateful grateful!
May I do the exercise again? As of right now, my list:
- My feline companion lying on her little bed on my desk
- the blinking miniature christmas tree on my desk: holiday JOY!
- The starbucks mug I just used for my afternoon coffee... the mug my (late) Mom gave me about 15 years ago.
- Living in a country that allows us to start our own business(es).
- My incredible family. loving, gifted, hi-freakin-larious!
- A new writing client through no effort of my own
- heat on a chilly rainy day
- Love. love in so many forms in my life.
- dreams coming true.
- connections depeened thru my blog (hi Eli!!)
- inspiration in all its forms
- people who Believe.
Post a Comment