Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Thoughts from my ride today
Usually my ride to and from work is one in which I have the time to just think about life and the place that I live. For the past month the number of cyclists on the road and trail has increased meaning I need to pay just a bit more attention to the ride than normal.
I pass a two elementary schools and two highschools on my ride in to work. I miss seeing the students on the way into school now that it's summer time. There is hope in the fact that the students seem willing and happy to be going to school. One school is lower in the ratings than the other but the students seem the same.
This morning the Ballona Creek was higher than normal giving the ducks and birds a bit of fun. I watched as I rode along a family of ducks just floating along with the current. They almost ran into another family of ducks busily having breakfast tail feathers in the air as they dug for worms at the bottom of the creek. It's also the second time in a month I've seen the street cleaner on the trail. The cleaner turned off the trail ahead of me and went straight into the creek. New one for me.
I also was thinking on my ride home about the city I live in and the beauty of it. I live in LA LA LAND or Los Angeles to anyone else. It's a city known for people owning and driving cars. Most families have more cars than drivers, it's been parodied as having it's citizens drive a block away. It has one of the most elaborate bus systems that many people do not know how to use. What I have found interesting is that I can ride my bike to work. It's easy, not a big hassle and becoming more common. Not what I would have expected being able to do in this city.
Finally as I got home today I realized that I am very lucky to live in LA LA LAND. It's a 90% day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment