Monday, August 27, 2007
The past few days...
Mommy brain finally kicked in for me last week. It hurt a lot. A little background why it hurt...
In 1993 my mom bought me a Doney and Bourke wallet and purse as a graduation present. It was specifically because I had finished and presented my senior thesis. Fast forward to 2007. The Wallet was falling apart from 14 years of love. I gave it to Bedo's Leather in Falls Church, VA to repair and restore the damaged areas where years of love had ruined it. I finally got it back in the beginning of August.
So what did I do promptly after finally putting charge card, bank card, license, AAA card and insurance card in it?
LEAVE IT ON THE ROOF OF THE CAR.
I drove off, noticed it was missing in the USC Child Care Center parking lot. Frantic calls home prompted Wyatt to walk up and down the street to see if he could find it, he also hopped on the bike and rode up and down Jefferson to see if it was around there.
Alas, no wallet.
So since last week I've been walletless, licenseless, charge cardless, bank cardless, and essentially reliant on Wyatt for cash.
It really hurts to be reliant on cash. THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING.
Take today. I had $16 on my way to work. Unfortunately the car needed gas and I had an MD appointment where parking costs $8. I also hadn't eaten breakfast, forgot to pack lunch...well I hope you are getting the picture.
I have 0$ in my change purse. The car still needs gas and I really didn't eat anything today.
I paid for parking and I paid for gas $2 at a time.
It hurts. It made me realize how reliant I am on a bank card.
I now plan to start carrying cash and not being reliant on that card.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment