Monday, July 02, 2007
Basel Cell Carcinoma
I was given this diagnosis a few weeks ago when I went to see a UCLA dermatologist at my OB-GYNs request. I've had the spot for several years, in fact it features prominently in several photos from the wedding. We moved quickly to have the entire spot "excised" as of last Wednesday.
I have several stiches closing a four inch incision. Surgery was easy and relatively painless. The healing process is slow and more painful. I'm allergic to the tape they wanted me to use which caused my skin to break out and then start peeling as a result of the reaction to the tape.
The spot was originally on my left clavical. This is Wylie's favorite head hanging spot when he falls asleep. Poor little guy didn't know what to do when he fell asleep each night after surgery.
All is well now with a 99% cancer free prognosis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment