Friday, April 15, 2011
Thoughts on reaching 40 years of age
I have already been clear that I am embracing 40.Here are some thoughts as that day approaches...
1. I don't fear my age, I do slightly fear the lowered metabolism
2. I don't fear the loss of fertility, but I worry about approaching menopause.
3. I don't fear the loss of my youth or looks, I know my mother was still beautiful as she aged and hope the same happens for me, HOWEVER I do fear the bleeding lipstick look.
4. I don't fear the change in relationships or the ever increasing talk of Wylie's achievements instead of mine, I do have concerns about reaching a point where the death of a friend will be ever more painful.
5. I don't fear being the oldest mom around as I know plenty of women with children Wylie's age who are older than me. I do wonder sometimes what it would be like to be a full time mother without a job but don't know if I could do it now.
Here are some other thoughts about my 30s...
1. I entered my 30s having purchased my first house on my own.
2. In my 30th year I met Wyatt and realized that I would spend the rest of my life with him for better or worse.
3. Was published in a peer reviewed journal.
4. I was awarded my MBA in International Business at the age of 33.
6. I traveled to Canada, France and Monaco in my 30s.
7. I spent a significant amount of time visiting, learning and enjoying several states in the US (North Carolina, Tennessee, New Mexico, and California).
8. Traversed the continent of North America by car.
9. Gave birth to a wonderful son.
10. Handled the death of many dear friends and extended family members.
11. Worked in the financial, pharmaceutical, and education industries learning much in the process.
12. Made many new friends from all walks of life who have enriched mine beyond words.
13. Stopped being a home owner choosing family over money.
14. Took the challenge of moving to a new state with a new job and learning new ways to view the world.
15. Realized that I still have the opportunity to be an evolving person.
So those are my thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love all of your thoughts! Here's to hoping that we can have a belated birthday celebration sometime this summer once you're moved and settled!!
Post a Comment