Thursday, May 08, 2008

Sick of going to the doctor

ME: Went to GP yesterday when my back hit the point that the pain was all the way down my leg. The terms MRI, Cortisone shot, and physical therapy were thrown around. I made it clear that I wasn't keen on the shot. Down side to appointment: 1. Really long wait standing in the waiting room then even longer in the patient room. 2. Manipulation of my legs and hips was excrutiating. GP did apologize and then praised me for my movement to allievate the pain 3. Knee did not bounce upon being tapped many times. Not good. Upside to appointment 1. Agreement to try prednisone for anti-inflamatory purposes 2. Go back in two weeks to test knee. If all good no MRI, no physical therapy. Super Downside: 1. On prednisone for next 10 days. I'm already zooming from it. WYLIE: Started limping yesterday for no apparent reason. We tried taking his shoes off to see if they were too small or were causing him to limp. No such luck. We checked out his feet to make sure no splinters, stubbed toes etc. No such luck. He doesn't have any symptoms of a cold, no fever, no other problems. He's still running around like a maniac granted it's with a limp. We have a pediatrician appointment for 3:15. They have already ordered the x-rays and blood test for him. Hopefully it's nothing serious. I'm a little freaked out.

No comments: