Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wylie and Life Update

So, Cedars-Sinai has a very nice emergency room. Very generic but nice with friendly helpful staff even at 10:30pm on a Sunday. My mommy radar was very high on Sunday when a very large bump appeared on Wylie's head. It's the true description of a goose egg but it was 2 days post trauma that it appeared. So I decided ER was best place. Diagnosis: Wylie has a bump on his head! Directions for Care: Watch that you don't drop him again. Screening Conducted: X-ray of Wylie's head in order to confirm no damage to skull or brain. Key Learning: I'm really glad I followed my radar and went to the ER. I learned one thing that none of the books I read on head injuries indicated...Wylie is going to have black eyes once the bump starts to go away as the blood needs to go somewhere and that is the natural course of events. I would have freaked out even worse if I hadn't gone and he woke up with black eyes! Today is Wednesday and he still has the bump but it is descreasing slowly. He's still the same old Wylie, active and nosey and eating PEAS, doing everything to figure out how to crawl forward and in general a happy baby. So according to all the rules He is A-OKAY. I just need to not fall down again.

No comments: