There are a lot of pictures but I really want this documented.

First I made fondant and colored it blue and yellow to simulate the beach and sea. We covered a box with it because we didn't need that much cake.

Classic yellow cake recipe. We made two 9 x 13 cakes (1/4 sheet)
Cut triangles off front of one and then cut the other in half to create the bow and poop deck.

Assembling the cake. Classic White icing for the "glue"

Wyatt putting the crumb layer of icing on

The crumb layer complete. We used Pillsbury canned chocolate icing.

Using sugar crystals to create a sandy beach

Iced decks! We used two cans of icing. I STRONGLY recommend opening both cans to confirm the color is the same! Wyatt used a knife to create the slates on the decks.

Windows, water, railings and other items added.
I am so happy I'm married to an artist.

Other side of the ship

Sails and poop deck assembled

The Pirate Birthday ship! I think we did a wonderful job and it's just as good if not better than the store bought kind.
1 comment:
WOW! Amazing cake. Definitely better than any store bought cake.
Post a Comment