Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wylie and Cooking

Wylie is really into telling me what ingredients go into recipes. If he is interested in a particular food or type of food or meal he tells me we need to look up the recipe and find the ingredients. This started a few weeks ago when he decided we needed to make something for dinner. I made chicken nuggets out of chicken breast, yogurt, garlic powder, ranch dressing powder, and smashed up corn flakes and rice krispies. He was excited about the ingredients that go into making it. We made bagels recently which he likes much more than store bought or even from the bagel store. So I asked how we made bagels and his answer was something like this: Me: Wylie what do you make a bagel with? Wylie: Ingredients and water Me: How do I make them? Wylie: Just stir and then poke them. So I wouldn't call him a cordon blue chef yet but he's definitely interested. Here is another thing he came up with the other day. We had been discussing soup. He decided that a great soup would be "Chicken Nugget Soup" So I asked him to tell me what was in and how to make the soup. This is his recipe: Chicken Nugget Soup Ingredients: 20 chicken nuggets (home made) 10 chicken nugget characters 5 bat noodles 10 joker noodles 1 brown ice cube (to clarify he is referring to frozen chicken broth in a ziploc bag in the freezer) Directions: Put in pot Stir Eat You know I'm half tempted to create some variation with him to see what he comes up with in regards to the actual soup.

No comments: