Thursday, April 01, 2010

Hummingbirds

Last year when we moved there was a very small hummingbird nest in the tree next to our front door. I felt it to be a harbinger of good things to come. It was even better when we discovered that there were two eggs in the nest and then had the joy of watching the baby birds grow and leave the nest. The mother hummingbird was very skittish of us last year taking off when ever we left the house but for the most part she'd sleep and stay on the nest after a few months. This year we were excited when she came back to the nest. Then even more excited when we noticed there were two tiny puffball babies in the nest too. The mother hummingbird this year politely moves away from the front door when we leave or enter but for the most part chirps at us as we move by as if to say "Hurry it up I need to get back to my children" I took the photo with my phone so I apologize for the poor quality.

No comments: