Tuesday, July 21, 2009

15 Influential Books I Have Read

Okay so several people have done this already and I've been using those lists as my go to the library and find a new to me book to read. Here is my list. I am not quite sure what it says about me but these are the books that stood out, made me think and ultimately I refer to in discussion. They are not in order of influence just in order of my remembering them. 1. She's Come Undone--Wally Lamb 2. Jane Eyre 3. Their Eyes Were Watching God--Nora Zeale Hurston 4. My Side of the Mountain 5. Atlas Shrugged 6. The Jungle--Upton Sinclair 7. Nickel and Dimed in America-Barbara Erinreich 8. The Heart is a Lonely Hunter- 9. Silent Spring 10. Night-Elie Wiesel 11. Utopia-Sir Thomas Moore 12. New Harmony and Robert Owen 13. The Koran 14. Cookbooks published prior to 1950s 15. The Florentine Histories--Machievelli

No comments: